What to do? Advice for seniors making final college decisions during a difficult time.
As you know, many colleges and universities are moving to virtual learning and some are sending students home for the rest of the semester. Obviously, this impacts current college students. However, it also impacts seniors in high school who are making final college decisions and juniors who have scheduled campus visits over spring break. What to do?
The campus visit is an important part of the college planning process. However, sometimes we must get creative! The following are a few tips for seniors who won’t be able to visit campus, but still need to make decisions:
· Visit the college’s website to learn more and take a virtual tour.
· Join social media groups for admitted students—it is a good way to get to know other students who will be starting school with you in the fall.
· Look at the research you’ve already done and make a pro/con list as you work to make your final decision.
· Talk to an Independent Educational Consultant, School Counselor, and parents to help think through your options.
· Connect with current college students who are home from any of the schools you are still considering—ask them about their experiences, tips, etc.
Most importantly, take a deep breath and try not to worry about things you can’t control. You’ve worked hard and prepared for this next chapter in your life. You’ll find the right place. I’m here if you need me!